1) Always post the rules
2) Answer the questions the person who tagged you came up with and write 11 new ones
3) Tag 11 people and link them to the post
4) Actually tell them you tagged them
5) Tell the person who tagged you you answered the questions
1. What is your “spirit animal?”
A deer. Funny story, actually… My best friend & I were out driving late at night on a backroad- an already- harvested cornfield on the left side of the road & swamp on the right- and I saw a deer out in the corn (was very loopy & tired) and jokingly yelled “look a deer! spirit animal, come to me!” And no sooner had the words left my mouth did a deer run out in front of the car. we hit it. No damage was done to the car but I’m not so sure about the deer..
2. What is the Bible verse that has affected you the most? I’ve felt for years that Isaiah 42 was basically what I would be doing: “I will keep you and make you a covenant for the people and a light to the Gentiles, to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison, and release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness” (Isaiah 42:6-7). So knowing that makes me feel secure in my purpose and my identity as a servant of Christ.
3. What is your go-to music for a day when you’re feelng down? Anything on YouTube that is related to Steffany Gretzinger.
4. If tomorrow was your last day alive what would you do? Go back to Africa and visit my kids and spend the day praying & interceding for their futures. Honestly. I’m not saying that to sound like a goody-goody. I’ve given it thought. They think they’ll never see me again and I can’t bear the thought of them hearing about another person in their life passing that they didn’t get to say goodbye to.
5. If you had a pass to meet and have a coffee outing with any one celebrity or band, who would you choose to meet? I’m not big on celebrity’s in general- I don’t keep up with them and I don’t like the way the “celebrity”/fan culture is set up. Can I say my Papaw? He died when I was like 4 and I never got to glean anything from him. I think there’s a lot I could learn.
6. How do you take your coffee? Tea? Coffee, please! Preferably Caribou Coffee with a splash of Peppermint Mocha creamer.
7. What are you watching on Netflix lately? Call The Midwife & The Paradise. You go, BBC.
8. What is your favorite thing about your best friend? He always listens to me before he speaks. He is never thinking of the next thing to say or the advice he should give- he just hears me. He gives advice when he knows he can give practical, sound advice and when he can’t he just agrees that a situation sucks.
9. What burdens your heart the most in the world? Fatherlessness has been hitting me pretty hard this past week.
10. Top 5 places you would like to see? India, Colorado, Wyoming (again), Spain, Ireland.
11.What do you feel God has called you to do with your life? Some sort of biblical counseling/psychology/mental health work intermingled with missions.
My Questions for YOU:
1. Tell me about a “defining moment” in your life. A time when you felt like you grew as a person.
2. What were you like as a young teenager?
3. Name one habit you can’t seem to/don’t want to shake.
4. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
5. What were/are your parents like? Did you/do you get along?
6. What is something you’ve learned about yourself in the past year?
7. What is something you’ve learned/noticed about other people (friends, family, society, this generation, etc.) in the past year?
8. What does your dream job look like?
9. If you HAD to change everything about yourself (i.e. have a different body, a totally opposite/different personality, etc.) but got to pick one thing to keep the SAME, what would you keep?
10. What do you do/where do you go when you get angry?
11. Do you consider yourself introverted or extroverted? Why?